Hi, I’m Rob!
I’m an unrelenting optimist and inspired entrepreneur that loves building software that enables people to be great at what they do. I am passionate about business and transforming startups into real companies, being challenged as a professional and making something great happen from nothing. I come from a hard working family, so work ethic has never been a problem of mine. I am appreciative for many things in life. My core values evolve around both respect and integrity, and I have an insatiable desire to do great things. Great changes may not happen right away, but with dedication and effort even the difficult may become easy.
As a professional
I work tremendously hard to be a better leader, technologist and business strategist. The experience that I’ve gained and lessons I continue to learn working with startups, Fortune 500 companies and even NGOs has helped shape my approach towards what it takes to build a successful businesses in today’s digital economy.
I get very excited just thinking about how technology will exponentially improve over the next decade, and how it will continue to positively impact our lives.
To learn about what I’m currently working on click here →.
My core beliefs
- Do great things even with smallest opportunities
- Never take anything for granted
- Surround yourself with ‘GENUINELY‘ good people
- Help others succeed (success does reciprocate)
- Build businesses that make meaning
- Relationship building and networking never ends
- Never (EVER) quit! Persevere. If failure is imminent, don’t lose slowly
“No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because… All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are” -Mark Cuban
A few more things about me
- I love everything to do with emerging technologies, entrepreneurship and business strategy
- Exceedingly hard on myself to always reach for more (permanent chip on my shoulder)
- Technologist that loves all things software and SaaS
- I would be best described as an “experimentalist”. My first entrepreneurial experience was re-selling video games that I modded.
- I enjoy mentoring students to help them succeed (both in-and-out of the classroom)
- I genuinely care about the well-being of others (especially SickKids)
- I have a great appreciation for bootstrapping entrepreneurs
- open source supporter/developer/codie award recipient
- I’m addicted to all things web. Especially data measurement (analytics, churn, cohort metrics, etc.. )
- Enjoy espresso’s with a dash of cinnamon (not emasculating at all)
- I love sports and athletics, especially the drive and determination it takes to be a winner